Wednesday, April 8, 2009

of Voltaren and Voren

today i went to 2 pharmacies to look for Diclofenac gel (Voltaren or Voren) for my sprained ankle

in the 1st pharmacy
me: Excuse me, do you have voltaren gel?
Storekeeper: ooo u mean for asthma one? got got
Me: no, not for asthma, for painkiller one. Diclofenac...
Storekeeper: o....pharmacist not here, don't know

So imagine, they can cell asthma inhaler but cannot sell topical Voltaren

In the 2nd pharmacy just beside the 1st one

Me: excuse me, do you have topical diclofenac
PHARMACIST: Huh, diclofenac? how many miligram u want?
Me: oh no...i want topical one....are there any gel preparation avaiable?
PHARMACIST: Huh...diclofenac we don't have topical one...no gel only pill
Me: Got la, i use before...
Pharmacist: Let me check.......we only have Voren,Voltaren and counterpain. WHere got diclofenac?
Me: -_-"

For those of u who did not understand, Voren(or Voltaren) IS diclofenac! Voren/voltaren is the brand name for Diclofenac.

I dont blame her if she's a lay person, but she is a Pharmacist...dunno graduate from where one.

No comments: