Thursday, April 9, 2009

Teachers and their Thoughts

I went back to my alma mater yesterday. Its good to be back. I met a few of my teachers and catch up with the school's updates

I went to MHS 1st with Qing Ci.

The first teacher we walked into is none other than my Biology teacher, Mrs Leong. With over 30 years of experience in teaching the subject, she can proudly claim that she have "disected more white rats and produce more doctors than your fingers and toes can count"(this is to put it in her own words). But alas, she's retiring this year, a great loss to the school and to the students. Mrs Leong is a teacher who not only emphasize on performance but also on manners and discipline. When you enter her class, you must wish her, otherwise, she will tell u "WISH me!". In her class, we have to keep quiet or else, stand outside. Beneath her stern look is a kind and gentle teacher who is really willing to share her knowledge. Ask her questions, she will never disappoint you.

Then we met my Math master Mr Khoo. Evergreen is the word to describe him. Still as chatty as before, he updated us on all that is happening in school from the day we step out. He even updated us on our seniors, how our seniors who are MO all around malaysia is doing etc. We spend 1 and a half hour chatting with him.He told us that the performance of MHS have been on the decline. Decline? Nobody scored 4 flat? i thought to myself. He told us " only 14 got 4 flat last year" -_-".....ok, in my year there are 21 of us, but 14 is not badla~~still 2nd in malaysia ma....

Then we meet the Chemistry and Pengajian am teachers, Miss Lim and Tan and again we chatted for 1 hour. Its incredible that after so many years, they remember each and every student's name. its equally incredible they remembered their places of birth(which i have forgotten).

Mdm Teo, the applied math teacher have retired. Sad to say, but hopefully her successor will have the same passion for teaching like she have.

Then i walked across to my older alma mater, St Francis Institution. Entering the gates Is so nostalgic, nothing much have changed since i left in 2003. Even the guard is the same old kakak. I can see Prefects on duty(i used to hate them) and the PBSM(or scouts? i simply cannot tell anymore) marching in the quard angle.The same noise from the school military band is also there. First thing i do, i went to look at the teaching staff. Ok, OCW is still the principal.......mrs goh,mr lee,mr chong,mr yong,bro mike still there, but all other teachers are sooo unfamiliar. aizz...luck is certainly by my side because i bumped into,non other than my old class teacher Mr Lee himself..hahaha but unfortunately he is busy bcuz tomorrow is the Sports day, and we didn't chat much. Mrs Goh is not around bcuz she accompany a group of students to Sunway, while Bro Mike have gone for a retreat. Aizzz...so i just walk around, go to canteen eat the famous Mee Ta(its still delicious~~)and go back home...


All in all,its good being back at school.....everything seems so relaxed~~:)

2 comments:

~YM~ said...

muahaha..at least ur scholl still got old teachers. My skul wan all sudah cabut few years back, in high school and also in F6. I greet the new teachers, they glare at me when I didn't do anything. No more memories in the skul at all ady...lolz..

Raoul said...

"I went to MHS 1st with Qing Ci."

(Ah this is the only Main point in the whole article!)

My school you all see alredi la, here demolish, there students studying in makeshift classroom cut out of Logistic Containers... Aii

But I miss my school too...
But I tarik harga now...

Because when I organize Upper Six reunion and jemput 5 teachers to come. None of them showed up and only one called to inform me about their absence.

Shuccksss. We waited for them from 7 to 9....

After that I merajuk liao.. dun wan to find them... LOL